But for the distance, i'd buy those, quickly.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.
But for the distance, i'd buy those, quickly.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Those look really clean. So are the A700 cabs really just 816 cabs with a horn enclosure added to the side (top)?
I would expect the build to be substantial, excellent component load, 515G 909HF MR-994. Possibly N1285's, they were spec'd for bi-amp at 630hz 24db slope LR.
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...700/page02.jpg
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Just listened to a youtube video of these, sure it came through my computer, but boy do they sound clean. I think with a sub they would blow My 19s away....
Yeah, if you've never auditioned a big horn system in a typical HIFI app, especially if it's coupled to a true sub woofer system, then it's hard to imagine the difference other than by 'is it live or Memorex' in a front row center seating scenario.
GM
Last edited by GM; December 11th, 2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
You can say that again!!! I found this out and it can be truly spectacular. I use good sized horns, about 42"X66" in a 2 way config. I don't believe I will ever go back to ported speakers as my main system, although I would really like to hear my 8gs or Hs in a modern designed very large cab.
What you really want is a huge WG + sub system to get the most out of a co-ax and especially a duplex with its too small tweeter, too high an XO point.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks